Great ports and a great price

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Mediterranean Featuring Greek Isles (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 25, 2008
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas
Clean and plenty to do
The historical sites are a must, but the people are rude, unfriendly, and there is a hint of anti-American sentiment present. I am glad I got to see Athens, but will never go back.
Don't Miss: The Acropolis is a must.
Way to much to see in a day, but we had a blast.
Don't Miss: St. Peter's Basilica is the most amazing building I have ever been in.
The ruins at Ephesus are the best I have ever seen. I would discourage buying much in Kusadasi. A woman on our ship got stung for $7000.00 buying a fake Rolex watch and another bought a fake diamond for $4000.00. Go there but don't shop is my advise.
Don't Miss: The Apollo Temple and Ephesus are a must. The Turks were very nice people.
St. Paul and Nice where great, as was our guide. The French were very friendly, which for some reason I was not expecting.
Florence is a beautiful city and there is an endles amount of stuff to see.
Don't Miss: Make sure to see the city from the lookout above town, unreal view.
Even more beautiful in person.
Don't Miss: Take the tour to Pygros, it is an amazing village.

Pros: Schedule and price

Cons: Some cutbacks on food, but for the price it is ok

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? Yes!