Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

This was a spectacular cruise!

Sail Date: April 28, 2006

Because this was the first cruise of this type I have taken, I have no means of comparison. The "Brilliance of the Seas" is a spectacular ship which felt like being on a five star floating hotel.

As all cruisers have exclaimed, the food was scrumptious. I enjoyed dining with the same people in the evenings and meeting new people for breakfast and lunch. While the food in the Windjammer looked inviting, I prefer "sit down" meals. For the most part, I used the main dining room but loved the Seaview Cafe - interesting menu, delicious food, and lovely view. The wait persons were delightful throughout the dining areas on the ship.

My cabin was very adequate and comfortable with much storage space. In fact, throughout the cruise, more little hidden storage areas were located!! Everything that was needed was there.

The variety of activities was awesome, and there had to be something for everyone at any given time. The variety of the shows was good, and the music in various areas added to the pleasant atmosphere of the ship.

While people do not tend to go on cruises to see movies, I must add that the movie theatre was a disappointment. Usually, there were no seats 15 to 20 minutes before a movie was to begin, the angle of the seats made the ones in front most uncomfortable, and there was constant problems with the playing of the movies. Would having the movies shown in the Pacifico Theatre once or twice a day help to alleviate the problem?

I would highly recommend the "Brilliance of the Seas" to anyone who wants to cruise in style and comfort.

Pros: The ship had something for everything, and I would be hard pressed to identify only one pro.

Cons: N/A

Lisbon, Portugal
The Lisbon city tour provided an excellent overview of the city. The tour guide on my bus was excellent and was able to provide much history which was interesting. I was disappointed that our Lisbon stop was on a Sunday when so many places were closed.
Don't Miss: I enjoyed everything I saw!!!
Funchal, Madeira
The scenery was beautiful throughout the island. I enjoyed the markets, the fishing village, and the scenic lookouts.
Don't Miss: The views from various parts of the mountain - spectacular!
Lisbon, Portugal
Don't Miss: I enjoyed everything I saw!!!
Funchal, Madeira
Don't Miss: The views from various parts of the mountain - spectacular!
Malaga, Spain
The tour of the city provided many interesting sites.
Don't Miss: Because we were there on Monday, it was not possible to visit the Picasso Museum as it was closed.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
All I can say is the beautiful surroundings wereabsolutely breathtaking.
Don't Miss: Eze
Malaga, Spain
The tour of the city provided many interesting sites.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
All I can say is the beautiful surroundings wereabsolutely breathtaking.
Don't Miss: Eze