Azamara Journey Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Third Mate

sucks! Run!

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

I haven't even left on my cruise yet but am already writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau regarding the business practices of . I contacted a few weeks ago to book the 14 Night Holy Land cruise through when I saw the price for Window Cabins had dipped to $1,599. Well, when I contacted the agent he informed me that the $1599 price was a "Happy Hour" price, or some slick name like that, and indicated that price was no longer available. Well, $1,599 was the price that was showing up on my internet site as offered by . The agent made up some story about how the computer servers have delays so once Azamara increases the price again, it could take up to 45 minutes for the price to go back up. Even though I was aggravated by this information, I went ahead and booked a Window Cabin for my daughter and myself at $1799 with the understanding that if the price went down, would attempt to lock me in at the lower price.

During the booking, I made it clear I wanted a window cabin, only because the price was the same as an inside cabin, $1799, but that I really didn't care since I didn't plan to spend much time in my cabin. Two weeks later, I saw that the price had once again been lowered for Window Cabins to $1599. I immediately contacted to obtain the lower price and was advised that my window cabin, even though located on the 6th deck, was not eligible for this lower price that was offered for the 6th deck, because the special offer was only available for travelers in category "Y". What the hell was category Y, I had no idea!!! The bottom line is that if you're thinking you're going to lock your cruise in at the lower price, good luck! It seemed like had every excuse in the book for not providing my cruise at the lower price.

Next, indicated I could get up to a 10% discount for shore excursions booked through Well, once I had booked my cruise, I went to and discovered they offered very few excursions at all. In fact, of the ten shore excursions I booked, only two were through due to the limited options they offered. When I tried to book my excursion through Portpromotions, I had to contact my agent with twice because had listed an inaccurate booking code that would not allow me to obtain the special promotional code to obtain my 10% discount. When the finally got this right, my actual savings was less than $50. Then to top it off, once I had booked these two excursions, I received an email the next evening indicating one of the excursions was not even available during my cruise dates. Then why the hell would it show up as an offering when I entered my cruise dates?

I'm sorry to say folks that this will be the last time I ever book a cruise through . This has been a horrible experience! I would recommend that if you're considering booking a cruise through this site that you run as quickly as you can and take your business somewhere else! I would quickly terminate this cruise but of course I have thousands of dollars already locked into airfare, hotels, etc prior to the cruise departing and after it docks.

Pros: None

Cons: fraudulent business practices!

Recommends Azamara Journey? No.

1 Comment