Azamara Journey (RETIRED) Cruise Review to South America

A Trip With The Smoke Natzi's

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

The first think I would like to say is that I have been on 18 cruises mostly Celebrity or Royal Carribean.

This is for all purposes a non smoking ship. So don't smoke in your stateroom or on your balcony because the smoke police are on full alert. I am not kidding they go up and down the halls sniffing. Most of the other guests were really old not uncommon for a 18 day cruise but this crowd was like the living dead.

The ships entertainment was really bad but if you like harp music then you might think you have entered the pearly gates. If it wasn't for the 3 couple we met I think I would have jumped overboard.

The Captain was an idiot and missed a port because he never left anywhere on time. Plus he kept referring to the lines as ropes which drove my husband crazy. What captain says drop the ropes??? He had his wife and son on board but she looked as miserable as we were waling around with a big frown on but his son was adorable.

I shouldn't forget the casino, no smoking it was so small I think they had 15 slots and 3 tables. The bartender/waitress was expected to walk around and serve drinks plus service the people at the bar. ridiculous.

To sum it up unless you just have to go where this ship is going find another way it is small, boring and not a 5 star ship. I was very disappointed.

Pros: Ports of Call and the food

Cons: Everything Else

Recommends Azamara Journey (RETIRED)? No.

some of the staff were friendly but most just ignored you.
Nice bed and lots of pillows
Very oldl