WOW .. simply WOW

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Anthem of the Seas

7 Night Bahamas (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 12, 2017

Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9274

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The Anthem of the Seas is by far the best ship I've sailed on.

Embarkation: Royal Caribbean has done an amazing job with the new Online Check-in process.  Print your SeaPass at home, arrive at the port, drop off you luggage and proceed inside the terminal (all within 5 minutes).  Proceed to the check-in counter and have your reservation confirmed and then proceed to the gangplank within 10 minutes.  From arrival at the port to boarding the ship; 20 minutes max.

Ship: Spectacular   AWESOME.  The Anthem of the Seas layout is perfect. The Two70 left we with my jaw on the floor; great job RCCL.  I had nothing bad to say about the ship, layout or activities.

Food: The food was as expected; fabulous and delicious.  Rajesh our waiter in the Silk dining room *table 514-515* was the best of the best.  After our first night in the dining room, he and his assistant Franklyn would know exactly what we liked and drank and our table was ready even before we sat down.  I highly recommend asking to sit in their section.

Disembarkation: just as easy and well thought out as the boarding process.  10 minutes, from ship to baggage pick up to clearing customs.  this is given the ship has over 4000 guest to process.

All in all, this is an 10 out of 10 rating.

Ship experiences

Ask for Rajesh and Franklyn table 514-515 in the Silk dining room

Two70 is the best bar/theater aboard any ship I've been on. I'm still talking about it.

SeaPlex will entertain your kids the whole week. had to fight with my 14yr old son to get to bed at night .. never wanted to leave

well laid out and with an amazing view.

Ports of call

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey

Port Canaveral, Florida

Cococay (Cruise Line's Private Island)

winds where to high and didn't tender. Ship docked in Nassau with additional time at port. 1.5 days.

great beach, disappointed in the shops close to the ship (obviously impacted by the economy and other factors)

Traveler Photos