Volume of sound in the productions and a nightmarish trip home

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Anthem of the Seas

Sail Date: August 20, 2016

Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Review Summary

Right now, I would not be inclined to recommend the cruise line to anyone.  Here are my reasons why:

1) The cruise was advertised as catering to children and young people.  Has anyone measured the decibels of sound thrown at our ears during productions, outside bands and even movies?  How far above safe levels for hearing do they register?  I attended one musical and was miserable, even with ear plugs.  Walking along the swimming pools when music was played, we tried to get past as soon as possible.  What a shame I could not partake of the entertainment because of excessive volume.

2)  When my companion went to purchase tickets to Newark AMTRAC, he was informed that there was indeed a shuttle.  He was NOT informed that the shuttle went to the airport first.  We were over 20 minutes late being called from our rooms to begin with.  And foolishly, we assumed that a 'shuttle' meant that departure could take place as we left customs.

Such was not the case.  We had to wait on a bus until all of the passengers going to the airport were loaded on the vehicle and, of course, one did not show, elongating our wait.

In the original material sent to us, there was nothing about allowing three hours or more to catch AMTRAC.  .As a result, we missed our train from Penn Station and as we had not cancelled the original reservation, we could not use the original tickets and the trip home cost us $280.00 after we had already paid for a round-trip ticket.

I would be hard-pressed to recommend this cruise company to anyone.  And frankly, my family and I feel that we should be reimbursed by the company for the return trip.  We were simply not informed of what would transpire upon leaving the ship.

Ship Experiences