Very Disappointing!!!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Bermuda & Eastern Caribbean (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 02, 2016
Ship: Anthem of the Seas

I was very disappointed in this ship and everything it offered!

For Rotal Carribean to be one of the top of the line cruise lines in the industry, I was shocked at the way some of the ship mates were very rude and discriminitive towards some of the passengers.

When I boarded the ship,  we were instructed to go up to deck 14 to the windjammer cafe, there's a wash station there to wash your hands,  it was dirty and remained dirty for the entire cruise. If you're dining at the windjammer, the staff is supposed to continually check to see if you wanted or needed a drink,  I  can't count how many times the staff walked past me and my daughter as if we were invisible.  We had to question ourselves was it because we were heavy or because we were black!   They walked past us and catered to other passengers.  In thr Casino, I  walked to the bar to order a drink and the barmaid refused to come to my end of the bar to take my order!

I feel as though the ship didn't have enough activities on board for the passengers, especially when out at sea. 4180 passengers, and not enough to do!  We had to reserve just about every activity ordered, and guess what?  By day 2, everything was booked through day 9!  No 24 hour restaurants,  an 18% gratuity for every drink ordered. Some passengers spent more time at guest services, because they were being charged for things they didn't purchase. If you ordered room service after 11pm, you were charged!  The good wasn't the greatest,  I met a passenger who took ill from the food and had to be quarantines for 24 hours. I got sick off of the hot dog from the seaplex, and overall some of the food was too salty.

I was totally shocked at the service,  and the fact that they wanted to charge for just about everything!   I took my own survey asking everyone that would answer what did they think of the cruise 90% answered that they weren't happy!  Most had sailed Royal Caribbean  before and said it was the worst!

Everything had to be reserved, and was booked up for the entire 9 days...

Most of the staff were very cordial and nice, but you had a few that were just rude!

The ship overall is beautiful, the hand washing station for the windjammer was filthy the whole duration of the cruise

My cabin steward Muhammad was the sweetest and most attentive steward that I've ever encountered!
We were only there for 4 hours