Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Worst overall cruise ever

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Our favorite part of the cruise was the friendly staff.  That's where it ended.  When we checked into our state room it was not clean, items in drawers, etc.  The big window we paid extra for was above the bed, so no way to look out unless you stood up in the room?  The TV was too high and you could not use the remote from the sofa or the bed, you had to stand up to use it?  On top of that the programming was terrible and the screen was so dark, we got to listen to it instead of watching it.  A couple days in we smelled a foul order coming from our bathroom and found out there were leaks upstairs causing this.   When I went to buy a beverage program, I told the bar manager I wanted a package, but that my wife mostly drank tea, so I only wanted one.  He said don't worry man sign here and gave me two cards.  I said I only wanted one.  He said, " It's ok you pay and you are both covered, and I said are you sure and he said yes.  When we got our bill we were charged two drink packages for $361.83 each.  When I challenged it, they said sorry.   The food in the extra value restuarants was great.  The Lido deck food sucked.  I have never seen so much over cooked food.  I felt like I was eating leftovers everyday.  This was our 14th cruise for our 36th anniversary and only the 2nd cruise we were disappointed in.  I have more examples of how Holland America is a cheap cruise.  The value for the dollar is just not there!

Room needs to be reconfiguered including more than one electrical outlet. Bed should be facing window or at least sideways. Rooms should be cleaned before new guests arrive....

Unless you want to buy art or jewelry why bother....

1 Comment