Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Solo Traveler Fun

Sail Date: August 28, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

First off, I had a great time. As a 'solo traveler' I knew my trip would be most enjoyable if I could find a few other 'solos' to spend time with and that happened, both because of the ship's team organizing meet/greet events for us and because I went with an open attitude. I met engaging, interesting people and yet had time to spend by myself when I wanted it.

I had great experiences each 'on-shore' day, 'coptered to the Mendenhall Glacier, did the Misty Fyords in Ketchican and had a luxurious High Tea in Victoria, each while accompanied by my new found solo friends.

All in all, it was a great experience which I would recommend.

Cabin / Stateroom As a solo traveler, the cabin was just spacious enough. Nicely appointed. However, it would have been nice to have a TV guide screen on the tv as it seemed as if I was always viewing a show from the middle. Also, the lighting was quite low. A daytime setting would have been nice for the make up mirror.

Be open to meeting new people!