Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Exceptional Experience

Sail Date: August 07, 2016

We embarked on an Alaskan Cruise with Holland America on the MS. Amsterdam to fulfill a bucket list item for my 84 year old father. From the moment we boarded the ship we were greeted with exceptional hospitality from the entire staff. Our room attendants were on a first name basis with us from the moment we boarded and were extremely helpful with the needs of my elderly father. The programs and seminars onboard were interesting and useful. The entertainment from large shows, to movies and lounge performers were all excellent and approachable to the passengers. The port destinations were interesting and enjoyable with a wide selection of excursions available to the traveler. The Captain demonstrated exceptional skill in bring the ship in to position to view the Hubbard Glacier. The Command crew kept the passengers well informed on upcoming ports of call and general administrative announcements on the ships Public Adress System. The nightly turn down service including the next day's itinerary and ship schedule was a welcome surprise and extremely useful. This was the first cruise for both of us and was an Exceptional Experience. I would Highly Recommend cruising on the Holland America ships to anyone planning a vacation cruise. I found the experience to be pleasant, affordable and memorable. I plan to set sail again on a Holland America vessel in the near future.Happy

Small but easily enough room, good value as it was very affordable. TV was a bit on the small side but still very useable. Only downside is basically one outlet in the room. A power strip is a must for the traveler.
Entertainment was very talented in all lounges and shows.
Incredible service throughout the ship.
Buffet always had a wide variety of great food. Made to order stations were a nice touch.

Take advantage of the Happy Hour specials. Keep track of the individual ship programs as many were useful and entertaining. A powerstrip with several outlets and USB ports was a great benefit to me. Power outlets are a premium in the rooms.

1 Comment