Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruise was good but could have been better...

Sail Date: August 09, 2015

This was a scenic cruise with good food.  The cabin steward and crew over all were excellent.  The in room breakfast menu was EXCELLENT with a timely delivery.  It was easy to embark, disembarking and shore excursions were well organized.  Getting to Pier 91 where our ship the Amsterdam was docked was easy.  There was one negative thing that we encountered with our cruise.  On the first day of our cruise I took a ten minute shower and when I pulled back the curtain I discovered that the bathroom floor was flooded.  The shower drain was not working properly.  I used all the towels and washcloths in the bathroom to soak up as much water as I could.  I called the front office and they said they would send someone to fix the drain.  Someone did come and when they left they said something in which I was not able to understand what he said so I thought the drain was fixed.  However the next day when the water in the shower started to rise I knew it wasn't fixed.  All I can figure out is that the drain could not be fixed and there were no other rooms available to switch us to.  Actually we never received any phone calls either to see if the problem was resolved. Since we were not able to test the water temperature we had to turn it down low.  We had to shower in about 2 minutes otherwise the bathroom would flood again.  Taking cold showers caused us to lower our resistance and when the 1st virus  walked past us and then decided to latch on we both became very sick with a respiratory virus.  The room steward replaced all our towels and washcloths when the floor flooded the first day of our cruise.  If it wasn't for that I could easily say we would cruise on Holland America again.  However, since the drain was never fixed and we both became sick I am not sure I would travel on this Cruiseline again.

Cabin was good however drain in shower was never fixed. See above comment