Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska Trip

Sail Date: July 05, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was my first Holland America cruise. This cruise served as a family reunion and we were a party of 9 who purchased 2 staterooms with balconies and 1 suite. Obviously, the suite is the way to go but extremely expensive for the precious square footage. Overall, I would recommend this cruise line to others who want to visit Tracy Arm Fjord and Sitka and my only regret was not having enough time in Ketchikan. If you take a excursion, you will not have enough time to look at the shops. Was it worth it? You bet - the kayak experience was fantastic!

Cruise Photos

Overall, our room was squeaky clean and the stewards faithfully serviced it twice a day. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom had a jetted tub. Holland America Amsterdam is still a fan of the beige color scheme in the bathrooms. My first impression of the bathroom was dated and old. I guess I assumed a stateroom would have a better bathroom than someone bunking on level 1. The bathrooms need a major update so the guests don't have to look at the holes in the tile filled by white caulk. Check out the vintage wall-mounted boxed hair dryer below. The bathroom looked like it was out of 1970.