Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Nice Cruise

Sail Date: December 20, 2011

I would highly recommend this ship for families traveling with children and/or the elderly. It was quiet, very clean, and peaceful. However, a little too boring for me. Ports were excellent! Private island was awesome, other ports were clean and friendly.

Pros: Clean ship and hand sanitizer was readily available

Cons: Not much entertainment for adults 20-50 years old

Recommends Amsterdam? Yes!

My daughter had a great time with kids her age and the activities planned by staff all day and night when we were on the boat. Eric was her group leader and he was awesome!!
ship was good size and pretty easy to get around
Food was good... a lot of fresh food and the ability to eat healthy! Main dishes were good, not great and the food day to day was not consistant.
Entertainment for my 15 yr old daughter was great! Night and day! There was not a lot of options for adults though. Shows were not that appealing, movies were hit and miss if you could even stand to sit through them and bars were ok. This ship's crowd was majority elderly. They entertain that crowd as well as children very well.
food service was HORRIBLE. No one smiled and no matter what time of the day you ate the staff seemed like you were burdening them. I think it's a HUGE mistake to manditory tip staff, they don't have any reason to go above and beyond and in this ships case to not even smile. Our room service was excellent, had a great attendent but he was the only one on board that I can say that about!