Does this cruise HAVE to end?!

Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska

Sail Date: May 01, 2010
Ship: Amsterdam
The Amsterdam is one of the smaller ships I've sailed on yet the staterooms are some of the largest I've encountered. The staff is very friendly and helpful. In fact, my only recommendations for change would be to expand the hours of the Lido Restarant and to assure that bar staff make regular rounds throughout the lounge areas that do not have attached bars.

Lines were a bit long at the Lido (casual restaurant), but I think that's because most people didn't want to dress up for dinner in the Fontaine Dining Room. The food was tasty, though, once you got through the lines.

Loved that there was always something to do or see. We particularly enjoyed Name That Tune Trivia with DJ Steve, the Karoake Superstar contest, and the magician. Of course the best "entertainment" was sailing through Glacier Bay. If you ever make a trip to Alaska, make sure your itinerary includes Glacier Bay. It will take your breath away!

Great staff! Our group attended Team Trivia every day, yet we always seemed to come in second place. The cruise director knew that I had my eye on a particular mug (one of the prizes for winning trivia), so when the last day of the cruise came, he made sure that I got a mug even though we took second place yet again! The shore excursion staff were great, too... very helpful.

Very clean ship with lots of hand sanitizing stations throughout, especially near entrances to lounges and restaurants.

We had a very large inside cabin complete with dvd player and free dvd delivery to our room!

Pros: Glacier Bay, Amsterdam's Cruise Director Jimmy, size of staterooms

Cons: Bar service in outlying louge areas, hours of Lido Restaurant

Recommends Amsterdam? Yes!