Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My cruise experience

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

I left out of Baltimore on a long cruise to the Carribean. I loved not having to fly to Miami. I traveled as a young male alone, and had a good time until I got what they suspected was norovirus. Apparently Holland America has a problem with contagion, and I was truly miserable for 2 days, but they did everything they could to accomodate me, even picking up the tab for the doctor. All that you have read about Holland America and this ship is true--the food is bland, the guests very long in the tooth, and the levels of service high.

Pros: Decor

Cons: Dealing with so many seniors

Recommends Amsterdam? No.