Amsterdam Cruise Review

From the moment my husband and I arrived at the pier, friendly personnel patiently guided us through every step of the check-in process. Courtesy and smiles were all around us, in what can be a very confusing, tedious process.That was the beginning of a week in the company of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen. Always, the staff was cordial and helpful. Always offering a friendly greeting and treating us as their guests.It helped us to feel comfortable and at home instantly.The food was amazing, both in presentation and in taste. At the buffet, the gourmet selections were served by a gracious staff. Waiters carried your tray to a table, and refilled coffee. It was the most dignified buffet experience with a restaurant feel. The dining rooms were beautiful. It was like going out to a four-star restaurant every night. Every dinner was superb, lobster, salmon. Oh yes, the seafood was the freshest I have ever tasted!The shows were very entertaining and lively, a lovely way to end the day. Our cabin steward was very sweet, Riyadi, and our room was spotless. Somehow he managed to clean our room, dispite our constantly running back for cameras, sweaters, a nap, etc.Room service was prompt and efficient, although we only ordered it once, we enjoyed going out to eat!Our outside cabin was the biggest yet, with the biggest bathroom I have ever seen on a cruise ship. (Not tiny like an airplane bathroom). I enjoyed many baths in the tub, however bring your own bubbles. Overall, I think this was my favorite cruise, and I've sailed on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Celebrity and the QE2.I will definitely sail with Holland America again!

1 Comment