A pleasant time

Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 29, 2009
The ships people were execptional always with a smile and a pleasant attitude. I have been on other cruises but this crew was the best for me. The ship was much smaller than my past cruses so activities didn't fill up. Older crowd which was fine with me that is less children then on carvinal and the ages were mostly 30 and up. Grandparents brought the clildren. If you are looking for a pool the children were usually in it. Gym was busy each time I went and it is small but OK/

for most people the food was great but the didshes I had were fair to great. Some nights the main dish was drid out or tough.

There was entertainment in the daytime for those of us who couldn't stay awake late at night. That was a first on many of my crusies. I fell asleep and missed the desert night. Also on that night some of the shows overlapped which was bad.

even if you asked the wrong person they would try to help. I felt the staff went beyond in ever way tring to make the stay enjoyable. They were very friendly and they even performed a show of their own.

The ship was clean and not elegant but nice

I didn't have an expensive room but was very confortable and the beds were to my liking (hard/firm) The bathroom was a good layout but the door to the bathroom and closet was a minor problem. Only one plug in the room so if you need an outlet bring an extension cord
If you want to walk you can take a city bus and do things on your own. I found there wasn't enough time and would probably pay to see things at this port if you want a lot of things
need to spend days not hours
I enjoyed walking around on my own
Don't Miss: Pioneer house and there gift shop - senior housi
So much to see and not enough time. Once again I walked and could have done more.

Pros: The room was a less expensive room yet the walls were soundproof allowing for good rest any time of the day

Cons: lack of healthy meals for those who like vegetables. You must ask at the beginning of the trip and they will provide

Recommends Amsterdam? Yes!