Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great ship

Sail Date: October 30, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

i enjoyed most of our cruise. The ship is gorgeous, and there is so much to do on the ship at all times. The crew were friendly and most delightful.  The shows on the ship are wonderful. On this ship we had Mama Mia. It was very well acted and the music delightful. The other shows were equally enjoyable.The food in the dining rooms was good. The food in the specialty restaurants was wonderful. We especially enjoyed the " Chefs Table" where each course is paired with wine and the Chef actually comes out to explain the dish you are about to eat, talks about the preparation and how the wine enhances the dishes. It was a delightful experience and recommended for " foodies"

My unhappiness comes with the beds. They are uncomfortable. Our steward did his best to make it more comfortable but sleep was elusive for me because I was so uncomfortable.  I was told if I had a suite or above they have better beds but I can't justify spending that kind of money. We pay enough and all the beds should be good. The other downfall is the cost of everything on board and the off the ship activities. But that is true for any cruise line you go on. The ports we visited were ok. Cozumel is nothing to get excited about except we had an excursion for a Mexican cooking class which was a lot of fun. We drank, cooked and ate! Then we were turned loose to enjoy the beaches of the resort we were at.  Puerto Costa Maya was a new port for me. There we enjoyed a catamaran snorkel trip. The weather that dat was not good for snorkeling as it was raining, windy and the seas were pretty rough, still We enjoyed it. The crew were friendly, entertaining and helpful. Our last port was Nassau. Very expensive. We took a cab from the port to see the casino at Atlanis resort. A bottle of water and one beer was $15, and a casino is a casino.

All in all we had a good time and I would recommend this cruise only because of the ship. We had a lot of sea time which we really enjoyed.

Love the aft rooms, but on this ship it's a trek to the elevators. The biggest disappointment is the beds. Not Comfortable
getting on was a breeze, getting off was very long