Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun Times

Sail Date: October 16, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cabin: 14-196

Our group was on this cruise to celebrate a 50th birthday. We had a great time! Ship offered tons of activities to keep everyone entertained. Weather was beautiful and staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing I would change would be the amount of days the beverage package is offered. I think you should be able to choose 5 days rather than 7 or however many you'd like. Konoko Falls excursion in Jamaica was fantastic. The Mayan Underground Cenote excursion in Cozumel was also great! Both guides were friendly and knowledgable and made our excursions great. The only thing I would change about the Jamaica excursion is the amount of people requiring tips throughout the excursion. The guys who put us on the sky tram, the guy who walked us from the van to the falls, the guy who helped us up the falls, the guy who brought us drinks, the photographer, our driver, our guide, etc. I definitely don't mind tipping, but it got annoying at each little part, they asked for tips.

Our balcony room was very comfortable. Plenty big for 2 people. Our stateroom attendant, Hilda, was outstanding. She was so friendly and always kept are room neat and tidy.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
I would rather visit another port than this private island. Beach was beautiful, but The ocean was very seaweedy. Vendors were extremely pushy and kids in trees were begging for food. When I tried to give them hot dogs, I was stopped by a guard who would not allow me to give them to the boys. I ended up having to throw perfectly good hot dogs away. Very sad as I know this country is in despair due to the recent hurricane. Visiting this island doesn't allow you to see the real Haiti and their culture.