Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Allure of the Seas - Early September Voyage

Sail Date: August 28, 2016

The ship is huge. There is plenty to see and do on board. Everything is super clean and well maintained. The crew was very polite and always smiling and helpful. The buffet is very good and interesting.

Draw Backs: The pools are over crowded when at sea, nearly shoulder to shoulder at times. My wife and I are not big alcohol drinkers so we take the soda package. There are way too few soda machines on board, this is my second cruise with Royal and I boarded expecting issues at getting soda refills. Many times there were long lines at the soda machine/s and quite often one of the few machines would not be working. You can refill at any bar, but your soda refill choice is limited. The few icy alcohol drinks that we did purchase at the bars were very-very expensive plus tips.

The specialty restaurants were OK, but honestly not worth the added cost. I ate 5 of our 7 nights in the specialties and the value was just not there. I will save that money on my next cruise.

We love the balcony to watch the water and the 50 Square Foot is perfectly sized.

Reserve show seating as soon as you can.