Under Staffed

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 14, 2016
Ship: Allure of the Seas

This ship was just to big for the amount of staff. We have been on a number of cruises and this one was extremely disappointing. The servers in the main  dining room where too busy to be attentive. The ship was filthy. Dirty plates/cups/napkins just sitting around on tables & decks. Public bathrooms were just gross. My cabin was not cleaned on 2 occasions because they "did not have time". We received another passaenger's excursion tickets but we're missing part of our own. I had a receipt, but instead of just fixing the problem the agent expected ME to pay again & they could "refund" me once they were able to figure out the mistake. I also found it annoying that shows had to be booked as soon as we got on the ship. By the time we got on board many were already full. Lastly the craps dealers in the casino did not understand the game. Players had to continually tell them where to move chips & when they should pay out.

The only redeeming part of this cruise was the DreamWorks Characters. They were interactive & my 5 yr old son loved them! However based on this ship next time we want to include Charaters I think we will just stick with Disney.

Main dinning room food was often cold & over cooked.

The need to reserve seats immediately was annoying

The Characters & evening kids camp had several fun activities that my 5yr old loved

Excursion agent was very rude even though the error with my tickets was made by Royal Caribbean. I can't think of any staff that had the time to be overly friendly or helpful. Room service didn't show up. When I called the woman was short & simply said "we don't have anything for you"

Ship was filthy. My cabin wasn't cleaned on 2 evenings because they "didn't have time"

The room was ok, but given the lack of space it would have been helpful if the fold out couch could be put away & the room was cleaned daily.

Make sure you reserve shows immediately.

The Dolphin Encouter excursion was amazing.
The fort was awesome! There was no "excursion" offered to just go the fort, but it was easy to find a driver at the port & relatively inexpensive.