Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Great ship!

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

My wife and I are frequent cruisers and have sailed mostly with Royal Caribbean Cruise line, although not exclusively.  The Allure is a magnificant ship with plenty of things to do on board.  With a capacity of 6,000 passengers, you might thing it would feel crowded, but the size of the ship compensates for this.  The only time we really felt a line was at My Time Dining.  There are 3 dining room and one is exclusively for this feature.  I would recommend having a regular dining time.  The ship had 5 pools, plus a water park area for younger kids.  The 16 and over area in the front of the ship is where we spent a lot of time.  So no young kids running around making noise for those of us that have been through that part of life.  They police it well also, telling parents/kids trying to swim in this area that they are not permitted in the Solarium area.  All of the shows are very good with the exception of the Headliner.  Was a participant on American Idol and America's got talent, but didn't have the "star performance" we expected. Not always on pitch and just didn't have the presence of a headliner.  Skating show and water show were both top shelf.  Specialty restaurants are great with 5 or 6 choice options.  We booked this cruise at the last minute. We chose this cruise because of the ship, but we are not that crazy about the ports of call.  Labadee has been upgraded significantly since we were there years ago.  A very nice day ashore with lots of activities and a large area for all passengers.  Jamacia is just an ok port.  The dock area is nice, but not so great when leaving that area.  Cozumel is mostly t'shirts and jewelry, so we got a day pass at one of the resorts.  There are excursions offered by the ship that I'm sure make up for some of this, but we choose to book things on our own because they are usually quite expensive.  Booking on your own is not for everyone though, so don't let that stop you from booking an excursion.  Food in the Windjammer cafe is good, but not great.  Evening dining is much better, but still wouldn't give it a 10.  Still, a great value for the money.  We've cruised various cruise lines and I would give any of them a 10 on their food.  I would give a 10 for the specialty restaurants.  Those meals were great.  Service on RC has always been great.  Hope this helps.

We got the inside balcony this trip. Looked over Central Park. Was nice, but we missed the ocean view.