Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Big Ship With A Lot of People

Sail Date: May 08, 2016

This ship is on par with the Royal Caribbean brand. I have been on over 10 RCCL cruises, so I like their brand.  Although you may not feel crowded, there are a lot of people and some of the bars are not staffed to support. As such, you will need to go to the bar to order your own drink and wait. There are no deck bar servers at all. Many, many people will reserve deck chairs all day and never use them. This is my pet peeve. Some people save a chair in the shade, while sitting in the sun. RCCL does not enforce the 30 minute rule on deck chairs. The food is good in the large dining areas, on par with any big buffets on land and trying to serve a lot of people at once. The specialty restaurants are a bit better, but I would not waste my money on more than one. The dining room is fine. Entertainment is fine and worth going, but if you want Broadway quality, go to Broadway. These entertainers endure cruise staff conditions because they are not on Broadway. I found that the large ship did provide a nice variety and more options, but mostly it just provided  more options to upsell you something. So was it better than the smaller ships, not really.....I would pick the ship based on where you want to go and not the size. You will get the same on either.

Clean and well kept
It took me 2 hours to get off the ship and through customs from the time my group was called. Porters will cut in line with large carries of luggage and a group of people. Very frustrating. The Port needs to stop this.
Just know these are expensive. I always arrange my own. Very easy today before you sail on the internet.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Not enough time in port...didn't even get off the ship
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping has gone downhill. Every shop has an employee who follows you around and asks questions that just become annoying after a while.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This location has upgraded. Much more diversity in stores than St Thomas. On the main street are all the stores and on the other side the beach with all the beach bars.