Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Awesome ship

Sail Date: November 22, 2015

I loved the overall vacation. Allure of the seas is the most beautiful ship I have been on and there is lot on the ship to fall in love with like the Central Park, Boardwalk, the Promenade, Aqua Theater, Skating rink, flow rider, and the most amazing shows. The ship's staff is very courteous and unlike other cruise ships, there are no one pushing drinks of the day. It feels classier for sure.

My only complaint is that I don't believe that they took care of special dietary requirements for my son who is allergic to milk, eggs, and nuts. The very second day, my son had a bad allergic reaction from the food that they claimed was allergen free. Later, I found that his plate included food from the buffet that they thought was allergen free, but obviously had cross contamination. From that point onward, it was difficult for me to trust them and I had to solely rely on the food that I was carrying with me for him and also on the restaurants during the port calls who were much more careful about understanding the situation and preparing meals than RC's kitchen staff.

However, I would say our head waiter, Christian's attitude was very helpful. He tried to help us in every possible way he could.

Our Cabin attendant was very courteous and attentive to our needs. Cabins are very nicely designed and feel roomier than the other cruises we have been on. Large flat screen TV and Sofa Beds that are comfortable for two are other useful additions.
Start adding food labels clearly indicating Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free etc. on the buffet items. Color coding the tags would be great. There were lots of mystery dishes on the buffet and you have to be brave to try without knowing the ingredients because of dietary, religious, or allergy restrictions.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
This port call is too short. I wish we had a full day to go to the beach here in Bahamas.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Sorrento's grill allows you to make your own pizza. There are a lots of customized lunch options at the Cafe in the Central park and it is a great alternative to eating at sometimes very crowded windjammer.