Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

30th Anniversary Celebration

Sail Date: June 11, 2015

Loved the cruise.  However, for us, it was about the itinerary.  We would have done this cruise on the Majesty of the Seas.  However, it was a great ship, and not once during the week could I tell the ship was moving unless I was watching the waves go by.  Entertainment was top notch.  Blue Planet, the Aqua Show and Ice Show were amazing.  Dining Room food was very good, but not as imaginative as in the past.  Several menu items repeated during the 7 days.  I would have to say that the sirloin steak I ordered was a bit spongy, and not close to what you would get in Middle America.  All 6 of our tablemates visited on the the premium dining rooms, and all came back somewhat unimpressed.  For us, it really wasn't about the food. We had a wonderful time.  The Captain (Captain Johnny) was the most engaging Captain I have every been around.  It seemed as if he truly cared about his team, and really an incredible representation of the RCCL brand.  We could completely do this cruise again.

Really big. Plenty of room.
Main dining room food mostly tasty. A bit repetitive.
Mannis, Our Head Waiter, Omega, our cabin steward, and Hugo, our server.
Blue Planet was over the top good, as well as the Aqua theater and ice show.
NA
Best Itinerary of any cruise I have ever been on.
First time with balcony. Super clean, good sound insulation, very comfortable bed. Mini bar in room had cans of Coke for a reasonable $2.25.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We spent 5 days there before cruise.
Naples, Italy
Next time we will take a tour to Sorrento. Found the original pizza restaurant.
Barcelona, Spain
Take Subway to Familia church, walk back to Columbus. Should have gone to beach later.
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
One of the most beautiful places on earth. Nice public beach.
Marseille (Provence), France
Follow green line on ground to bus stop canopy. Free shuttle to town. Save $23 bus transfer from RCCL.
La Spezia, Italy
Take the train to Piza for 8 Euros round trip. You can do it, even if you don't speak Italian. Buy round trip ticket in LaSpezia.

Central Park Cafe was really nice. Got a couple quick snacks there. Solarium had lox and bagels for breakfast. Wish I would have known in advance that you could bring 2 bottles of wine in your carry on for cabin use. There is a fridge in your room, but it is also mini bar. Use with caution.

1 Comment