Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise, Great time

Sail Date: November 01, 2013

The ship is huge with a lot things to do. Even though it carries 6\,000+ passengers\, there was no waiting in lines nor a lot of congestion of people\, most of the time. The entertainment was the best I have ever seen on any cruises line. The cabin was cramped\, there was less space for storing clothes and etc than in most cabins. The bath was even small than usual. The crew and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food in the dinning room did not offer as many selections (that I would prefer) as other cruise lines. There were more cost to extra things than I had seen in the past. Adult drinks were very expensive at $8.25 (most were around $7.50 + gratuity)\, wine was around $8.00 a glass in the dinning room. I did not like the ports of call and location of the piers as much as with smaller ships. The atmosphere on the Allure is more like a Carnival Cruise Line ship that a RCL. I think I will stay with the smaller ships in the future. Don't get me wrong\, the Central Garden\, Boardwalk and the Royal Promenade were grand\, it just was not for me.

Pros: the entertainment

Cons: size of room and balcony

Recommends Allure of the Seas? Yes!

For the size of the ship everything was exceptionally laid out\, very easy to get around (only has two areas with elevators) easy to locate things. There are touch screens to obtain locations and directions to their locations. I did not care for the total decor\, the carpet had the appearance (colors and pattern) of a carpet pad instead of carpet itself. The art was interesting? All locations were always clean.
I only rate the food as average\, except in the Speciality Restaurants (especially the Chops Grill). The choice of entree's was not as numerous as I have seen. If nothing on the list looked interesting\, they offered a Manhattan Strip Steak (daily) which was awful\, but you could buy a Filet for $14.95. The location of our table was at one of the Waiter's work stations. It was warmer than the rest of the dining room and very noisy. On several occasions we were somewhat forgotten as the waiter's took care of other tables. The entire dining room seemed to be above average as far as noise. The couple that we were seated with for dinner on the first night said they would not be back in the dining room for any other meals\, due to the noise and they did not come back.
Decor was nice and bright. The location of the closet was not convenient and the sliding doors prohibited you from seeing half of the closet. There was limited draw space for storage. The sofa was showing it's age with discoloration and wear. The bathroom is only large enough for one person at a time. The shower is extremely small. I am of average size and it was tight for me (felt very closed in with little room to turn around and forget it if you drop anything\, you have to open the shower doors to pick it up. As far a amenities\, there were none\, but you could ask for items if needed. There were no bathrobes (need to carry your own if not in a suite)
Extremely friendly and always ready to be as helpful as possible. On the first evening at the late seating for dinner\, I requested to be changed to the early seating and it was taken care of in minutes.
The entertainment is exceptional\, best I have seen on any cruise. The variety was wonderful. I had scheduled (online) the showtimes based on the assigned diner seating we were given at booking\, most were very late. After having our seating time changed\, it really messed up our timing for the shows. With reservations for the shows you can just walk on in (after the check in) but if you want to go at a time you do not have a reservation\, you can stand in line and hope there is space available. We were able to see all shows\, with some changes and they were all wonderful. There are a large number of activities for young people and children (if they accompany you on the cruise) Most of the ship is designed for the younger group of people.