our first cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: March 01, 2014
Ship: Allure of the Seas
We liked our room. The ship is large. We had an overall favorable impression of the cruise. The views from the buffet dining were excellent. The shows were entertaining. We liked the fact that a card room existed\, so that we had a place to go to play games. We would cruise again.

The shows were good. We weren't that into Chicago\, but I guess it just wasn't to our taste. We really liked the Aqua show. That was wonderful. The Blue planet was also nice.

Excellent\, except for the spa staff. The sit down dining room staff were great. The person who cleaned our room always had a smile on his face. The spa staff however was terrible. I went to my spa appointment with a friend. When we arrived\, the person at the counter looked us up and told us to go downstairs. When we got downstairs\, we were told their computer was down\, so we had to wait. When it finally came back up\, they took us to another room with lounge chairs to fill out some paperwork. This consisted of asking us what our job was\, what stresses us out etc. Then I had to wait another 10 minutes or so before my friend was called for her session. Then I had to wait another 15 minutes or so before I was called. My friend and I had signed up for the same spa treatment\, yet somehow we ended at the same time. I think mine was cut short. The person giving the treatment was very talkative but not in a good way. There was a mandatory $25 tip. It was not relaxing.

There is no conditioner in the bathroom.

Pros: the free shows and the sit down dining

Cons: the spa

Recommends Allure of the Seas? Yes!