Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

The Allure wowed me

Sail Date: February 15, 2015

This was the best cruise I've been on with Royal Caribbean. I've been on this ship before (the last time in 2014), and the service seems to be continually improving. The overall experience was nothing short of excellent. The service was superb, the entertainment first-class, and the dining elegant and good. I wish we could have stopped at more ports during the 7-day cruise, but St. Thomas and St. Marten are always a pleasure to visit. The ship has many varied activities, that days at sea seem to go by very fast. Royal Caribbean put together a great vacation for people of all ages, (we had our adult children and grandchildren with us), that will leave us with fun memories. If there is one point that can be improved on, it is the disembarkation experience. I realize that there are more than 5000 people trying to get off the ship in a relatively short period of time. Nevertheless, the process is still very chaotic. Bags are left in designated areas, but the numbering of the areas is not necessarily sequential. It took us a long time to find our bags, and with a small number of custom and immigration officers working, it took over an hour and a half from leaving the ship to stepping out of the terminal. I am sure this process can be improved.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
only did shopping
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Magens Bay is great, natural and beautiful
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Orient Beach is a wonderful beach for the entire family, with many water activities