Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst cruise we have ever been on

Sail Date: March 23, 2014

Cabin: GTY

When we came on ship Sunday we were met with a filthy stateroom.  Someone had obviously gotten sick on the sofa.  There were toenails on the balcony.  The pictures and mirrors were smeared and bubble gum stuck on the outside of the closet doors.  I complained to guest relations and was met with a rude person at the desk.  On day three they shampooed the sofa while we were on the private island.  We came into the stateroom and were met with a huge blower and the person who came to retrieve it stated that the stains did not come out.  The smell either.  Day 4 asked for a different stateroom attendant after she had cleaned for the evening and the gum was still present on the closet doors.  I took the floor supervisor down and showed it to her. Finally an attempt was made to get the gum with huge smears left behind.  I complained many times at guest relations.  After returning from Cozumel on day 6 I had a red rash with swelling and a warm feeling.  I went to the medical facility on ship and the doctor said I had cellulitis.  We both think this came from the unsanitary stateroom.  I met with assistant executive housekeeper  and assistant guest relations supervisor.  I was told I could get  15% off a future cruise.  The housekeeping supervisor sent a beach towel to the stateroom.  I left it in the stateroom.  I was charged on my account for the ship doctor and antibiotics and also am now following up with my doctor here and another 10 days of antibiotics.  This is our 13th cruise and our 5th with Royal Caribbean.  We are not complainers and have never had a problem with the stateroom before.  The previous stateroom attendant was always in the hall when we entered or left the stateoom.  Sometimes with looks or muttering things to us.  I would really like to stress to the cruise line how important it is to give the stateroom a good cleaning and santizing between sailings. People can get sick.  I have never felt like I was treated so badly.  I was made to feel like the cleaning complaints were not legitimate.  How would they like to have to stay in a stateroom that was so bad.  I booked through Cruise 411 so the guest relations lady was really rude about that.  She stated it was not booked directly with the cruise line.  Maybe with that large a ship they do not have adequate personnel to clean between sailings.  But then again I did not see any improvement as the days went on.