Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Allure is Amazing

Sail Date: February 02, 2014

My husband and I have been on several Royal Caribbean cruises, but this one topped them all.  I was apprehensive to say the least about being on a boat with over 5,000 passengers.  I tried booking shows a week or two before departure and was able to sign up for one at the time I wanted.  The RC website leaves a lot to be desired with regards to signing up for shows.  Once onboard we were able to get into them, but I was frustrated thinking they were all reserved out.  The check in process was less than 30 minutes, and once on the ship I never felt like there were over 5,000 people onboard.  The ship is massive with so many things to do.  The water/diving show was amazing, the zip-line short, but long enough to get your heart rate up if you are afraid of heights like I am.  The cheering from the fans watching the Flo-Riders learn to ride the waves was great.

Dining room food was pretty good, Windjamer was typical, but they also have Starbucks, and other little nooks where you could get breakfast as well that were not crowded.

While they have several pools, it would have been nice if all kids had to be in the kids pool so the adults could be separate and not have kids splashing all over while you're trying to have a conversation.  It would have been nice if people follow the rules....and not place a towel and personal items on the most desired chairs and not be around for 2 hours.  It would have been nice if people would pick up their towel when they are done so you know the chair is available instead of leaving it.  So, if you want a lounger in the sun or shade plan on being there early!  My only other complaint was the one day I ordered Eggs Benedict......don't.  The sauce was orange and tangy....not good at all.

All in all Royal Caribbean is attentive to their customers needs and wants, and they've mastered getting people on and off in an organized fashion.  The muster drill seemed more organized in that you didn't have to go stand outside with a life jacket on.  Instead you go to one of the theaters and they store the life jackets there.

Now that I've been on Allure, I could easily go back to one of the smaller ships especially for the difference in the cost of the rooms.  All in all it is a beautiful ship and I'd recommend it at least once.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The Champagne catamaran sail to St. John was a blast.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The beach had really strong waves that were not condusive for snorkeling or swimming.