Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

The Ship was Amazing

Sail Date: December 02, 2012

This is my 4th cruise on RCL but my 15th cruise overall. My husband and I decided that we wanted to go on the Allure because it is the BIGGEST ship there is. We had just moved to Cental Florida so we got to drive to the port in Ft Lauderdale. Really convenient because the parking lot was right next to the ship. The ship is everything that has been written about it. Truly amazing.

Unfortunatly the food in the main dining room and the Windjammer Cafe was not up to par with other ships I've been on. I think they put their emphasis on the speciality restaurants and the "free" dining suffered. There was never enough tables in the Windjammer Cafe so by the time you found a seat your meal was cold. Every time we tried to go to the main dining room for breakfast or lunch there was always a long line so we usually ended up somewhere else. We had dinner at Chops Grille one night because we had a voucher from our travel website. That meal was absolutely amazing. The onion soup was the best ever and the portions were large compared with the dining room. Also worth noting is the roast beef sandwich from Park Cafe. It was fabulous -- must have had this 4 times which was easy since our stateroom was on the same level. There make your own salad was also good.

The entertainment was amazing. The only probably was that they you need reservations for everything. When you get on the ship you need to make them immediately or you have to stand in line 15 minutes before shows for stand-by. The only show that would be hard to get into would be the late night adult comedy as that venue was small.

Our sailing was a full ship so it really did feel like it was crowded. Always a line for everything.

Not as good as on other ships -- see above.
Probalby the smallest balcony stateroom I've ever had. The configuration was not well thought out. The closet and shelves were right next to the bed so only one person could squeeze in to get items. If the bed were a queen instead of king that would probably help. Also the tinest bathroom ever!! capsule shower was really unusual. Also the very low sink was under a shelf which made it had to bend down to rinse off your face without getting hit by the shelf.
very good service