Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First time cruisers!

Sail Date: November 01, 2012

For years now I have listened to co-workers, friends and family members share their fond cruise memories with me. For the first time, at 42 years old, I finally decided to book one. The suspenseful anticipation leading up to departure for several months was worth it just in itself, as it gave me something altogether new to look forward to.
On arrival, I was awestruck by the sheer size, dimension, and magnitude of the Allure of the Seas; I was fascinated by how orderly departures and port arrivals were handled.
Our room was an oceanview balcony which was an absolute must. I can't imagine not having a room without an exterior balcony, We were on the 14th deck. There was a hot tub directly over us on the 15th deck and we kept hearing the whirlpool motor turning on and off all throughout the night, it was a bit annoying at times. Our room was small, but we didnt spend a great deal of time there so it was satisfactory.
I found the food to be good, although it was not outstanding, probably because the chefs prepare meals for thousands of people with an extremely wide range of tastes.
Evening dinner atmosphere in Adagio was excellent, the service was top notch. I found the 6 PM dinner to be adequate although one night we had to rush to make our show at 7. The waiter was extremely accommodating when I explained our predicament, as I am sure they had that scenario happen before.
I did not enjoy the Windjammer restaurant upstairs. It was set up like a food court or cafeteria. There was no order whatsoever. It was extremely chaotic, with no lines at food stations, coupled having to dodge unsupervised kids running around while walking with a plate of food in one hand and a soft drink in another while desperately searching for a vacant table to sit at. I briefly went up for a bowl of soup and when I returned to my table, my dishes were pushed aside and there were three women now sitting at my table eating. Most people thought nothing of cutting in f

Pros: size and cleanliness of the ship

Cons: screaming kids everywhere.

Recommends Allure of the Seas? Yes!