Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: July 24, 2011

This ship is amazing! State of the art - such as the interactive TVs in the rooms and the interactive map finders on every floor by the elevators. There were so many things to do and see, I could have spent 7 days on the ship alone without any ports of call. Spectacular is the best word to describe it.

Pros: St. John - Trunk Bay snorkeling.

Cons: Cost

Recommends Allure of the Seas? Yes!

Our dining staff was superb, friendly and accomodating. I had taken a tumble on one of the islands and asked our room attendant if she would bring me some ice for the bruising - I was never without ice from that point forward. Very thoughtful.
Ziplining was fun and exhilarating. The comedy show was hilarious. Blue Planet was pretty good. Abracadabra was good, too, even though I'm not a huge ABBA fan (we thought it was supposed to be a magic show). We didn't actually get to attend the Oceanaria, but we watched them warm up and it was a-maz-ing.
The teen program was great. Lots for our two teenage boys to do. They had ping pong, pool parties, dances, tons of activities. Our boys had a great time and we hardly saw them!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
If you want the best snorkeling experience, go to St. John's Trunk Bay. The only downside was there was not enough time to take pictures and snorkel and enjoy the beach. By the time you ride the boat to the bus to the bay, get a locker, listen to instructions, you only have about an hour of snorkel time. It's easy to snorkel here because the water is so salty, you just float. We didn't need fins or life vests and the fish were awesome.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We did the catamaran snorkel here. The water was rough that day so the snorkeling was difficult even with fins and life vests. Spent a few hours trying to catch some shopping and the shopping is out of this world. Again, wish we had more time to spend on the island.
We went to a public beach on our own. I think we should have visited Atlantis instead. We still enjoyed the water!