Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Worst Cruise Ever!

Sail Date: June 26, 2011

This was my first and last time cruising on Royal Carribean but it was my 5th cruise. I have always loved cruising with celebrity which is owned by Royal Carribean but it was run completely different. If you want to spend a nice relaxing cruise as a couple this is NOT the place to do it. Way too many kids on the cruise. Gangs of them walking through the ship with no supervision. They were running up and down the halls making it difficult to sleep. The adults only solarium was nice until about 11 am when it got completely noisy and people would blast their personal radios and the waiters would start shouting for people to buy their drinks. The dining was good but not excellent at 150 Central Park and Chops. Ritas cantina and Samba were OK. Giovanni's table and Izumi were terrible. Windjammer buffet was good. Main Dining Room was OK. There was a culture on the ship that you were just a number and not a person and they charged for everything! The excursion to aquaventure commenced at 8 am but because they don't really have regard for your time, you don't get in to the park until about 9:30am and the park doesn't open rides until 10 am and you have to leave at 1pm. We spent over 300 dollars for 3 hours in atlantis. There were no nice little complementary touches that I had come to expect from celebrity. I spent a lot of time sleeping in the room because there was no quiet place for me to lay out and read a book. For being so big the ship seemed surprisingly small with little for me to do.

Cons: Gangs of teenagers roaming the ship. There is no real quiet place to relax on the ship.

Recommends Allure of the Seas? No.

Chicago was excellent however there were really not a lot of other activities on the ship for a couple.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Rented a jeep and drove out to Orient bay beach. Had a blast!
Atlantis is a completely overrated excursion
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Took the ferry from red hook to St. John. Took about 3 hours to get to trunk bay. Beach was beautiful but not much in the way of facilities. Bathrooms and showers with small snack stand at trunk bay. Taxi's were often frustrating because they made you wait around until they had a full car.