Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Purser

Excellent Itinary

Sail Date: May 07, 2016

I have been a cruise customer of Royal Caribbean since 1998 and consider them one of my primary cruising venues.  However, this cruise did not measure up to past cruise experiences.  The first thing I notices was the food services were certainly not up to previous experiences.  Even the Windjammer's food offerings were mostly subpar as compared to previous cruise based on selection, taste, and appearance.  The appearance aspect just has to do with what was being served. But, I found too many food offerings tasteless and went back to try to find an item that was appearing and tasty.  My wife for the first time on a cruise walkef through the Windjammer not finding anything appetizing and then proceeded to snack area on deck 5 to get a small sandwich.  She did that twice. There were more misses than hits unfortunately. In regards to the main dining: I was not the first to bring it up at the dinning table, a passenger from England said what I was thinking, the food quality had gone down.  Our food would come out cool and all steaks were covered with what was a steak Diane gravy, both Strip and Sirloin.  It was obvious all seafood servings were pre packaged.  I have had better seafood at a fast food vendue.  I ordered chicken cordon bleu that did not have cheese or ham.

Inside.  Obviously, this was not chicken cordon bleu.  Royal Caribbean,  the dining experience and on board entertainment are probably the two most important aspects of cruising (since many passengers seems to not really explore the destination by excursion).  I realize you want to manage business expenses but food service are a discriminator to cruise line selection.  I almost forgot.  While using the internet cafe a passager who was at Diamond level (he told me) and I were talking and I shared my disppointment with the food service and say no more.  He jumped right in a agreed and went on to talk about prevoius cruise dining experiences. Upon hearing the passenger opposite me and I discuss our disappointment.  A lady and her husband two rows away spoke up and agreed. I and the Passenger from England did bring it to the Head wait staff supervisor who brought the chef to our table where we detailed issues witj what was clearly fast food quality pre packaged dinner item.  The Chef said, he  would bring our concerns to management attention.  My next cruise is on my other goto cruise line and I will compare dining experiences and subsequently book future cruises accordingly.

George Stallings

Joseph was great

Ship motion was considerable with seas so smooth. Ex. We were coming out of the Lyric theather and a lady lost her balance. She was caught and asked had the ship just rolled. Everyone around said yes. She said, thank you, I was going to go home and see my doctor.
We do like the ships features