Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Ho-hum

Sail Date: April 16, 2016

I have never sat down and wrote a review but I have been in the hospitality business for over 15 years (server to general mgr) and I wanted to bring a couple of concerns to someone's attention.  The overall experience for excursions and ports of call were good.  The staff on the ship seemed to have a disconnect from the passengers from my own personal experience and from what I witnessed.  Most of all the bartenders (ship wide) and servers in the main dining had absolutely no expression of happiness.   Almost like the guest were a burdened.  Another concern was the night life.   It was pretty much nonexistent unless we wanted to be in the casino for 6 hours.  Beside karaoke and generic guitar player/singer there was nothing to do until midnight when the DJ decided to start at the dance club, which is hard to do waking up at 6:30 for the next excursion/port of call.   I went on Carnival last year and they seemed to set the bar at a higher level.  I expected more of an elegant adventure with Royal Caribbean knowing their reputation and sales pitch.

A/C was out for 2 days but was properly taken care of when brought to staff's attention.

Friendlier staff and better programs on board.