Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Second Mate

Far from bad - Far from great

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

Ok, guys - here goes.

I am a long time cruiser. Many ships - many cruise lines.

This cruise was not my first choice, as my previous experiences with RC were unexceptional. RC is better than Princess and Carnival, but a far cry from Holland.

I chose this cruise because I liked the itinerary. Had Holland or Celebrity had anything close in the way of Itinerary, I'd not have taken this cruise.

2. Service: They try ...maybe even hard, but, for whatever reason, no one seems to effortlessly make you feel like a king the way Holland does.

NO chocolates on the pillow; NO shampoos, lotions, etc. in the staterooms.....small things, but it shows. NO bathrobes unless you're in their elite (ALL things that Holland provides). Any problems I found on board as to service, in all fairness, WAS taken care of by the crew, but Holland and Celebrity take care of it BEFORE it becomes an issue.

I did NOT like, ONE BIT, that half of the hand sanitizer machines were always inoperable. With Norovirus and now Zika, THAT is simply unacceptable.

FOOD: Acceptable and "good"...but NOT in the class of Holland....not even close. Late night choices were extremely limited.

Salesmanship: Sorry, guys, but I have NEVER seen a staff more high pressure than these guys. It made one feel more like a "mark" than a passenger.

Internet: EXACTLY twice the price of Holland.

It seems to me that what was lacking, lacks from the home office and the staff does the best they can with the tools they are given. With a GORGEOUS ship like this, if the service and amenities can match the ship, you'd have rated much higher in my book.

Large, comfortable, spacious. THAT being said, the absence of chocolates on the pillow at night, robes, lotions, shampoos, etc., is evident. It's the small things that differentiate between a good stateroom and a great one.
Yes - they have their act together. VERY smooth.
Gorgeous and amazing - FAR superior to Holland, Carnival, Princess. They are on par with Celebrity.
Severely limited choices. Holland's were far superior.
Meh. Entertaining, but not thrilling.
Again, they took care of all issues; however, a truly GREAT cruiseline would anticipate the issues BEFOREHAND.
Eh. Good, not great. I expect MUCH more from a cruise, based on SOME of my other cruises.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
TRY to spend a few days here before or after the cruise. An INCREDIBLE city with LOTS to do. It was the best part of the cruise.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Waste of time.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Waste of time.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Great city - TOO BAD they spend the least amount of time in port here. You have the British Side and the French side - WAYY too much to do with so little time.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Bridgetown, Barbados
GREAT city. Beautiful people, BEST shopping. BEST beaches. Cant say enough about this place.

I VERY much appreciated the age 16 and above pool and Jacuzzi area. I wish the pool/Jacuzzi were open later. While I understand the need to have guests spend their onboard time spending MONEY, still - at 9:00 p.m., it's still warm and I should be able to lounge in a Jacuzzi.