Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Horrible Pier/Onboarding Crew

Sail Date: October 24, 2015

This was not my first time cruising with Royal Caribbean, but I must say this was the first time I started the cruise with a bad taste in my mouth.  It took me 5 hours to board the ship because of the Pier/Onboarding crew (Pier manager-  brunette Hispanic female, Pier Coordinator- Shawn- black male, and Cruise nurse- Red head Hispanic female).  They insisted on denying me the right to board the ship because I was "honest" on the onboarding form and checked that I had experienced medical issues within 7 days of the cruise.  They would not listen to me, nor look at the medicine bottle which contained antibiotics for a SINUS INFECTION!  I had to argue with them for 2 hours and called my doctor's office to fax medical documentation of the sinusitis that I had the week before (I was on the last 3 days of a 10-day antibiotic).   The nurse repeatedly lied and said she was in charge when I knew she was only an RN and could not make the decision for a MD.  I had to repeatedly ask to speak with the doctor and was not allowed to board until the doctor came and I had my doctor's nurse on the phone explaining the side effects of the antibiotics and that I had (past tense) a sinus infection that was clear by then.  They caused us to miss lunch and dinner on the boat the first day. Also, I was so stressed, upset, and drained, I got on the boat, took a shower and went to sleep.  That's definitely not a good way to start a birthday cruise that I almost did not make because of the nonchalant behavior of the San Juan crew mentioned above.  It took me 2 days to calm down.  The great thing about the cruise was definitely the wonderful dining room, windjammer, café, cruise director's entertainment (Erick, Carlos, Niya), and housekeeping (Norma) staff!  They made the trip much better.  However, I was highly disappointed overall with the Pier Crew!

Norma was a great cabin attendant!! I truly enjoyed her friendliness and how well she kept the room.
Horrible Embarkation (see comments above)!!!