Worst Vacation Ever

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 17, 2015
Ship: Adventure of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

I hat giving negative reviews, but this was by far the worst trip I have had.  Instead of being on a nice relaxing cruise we were continually being pushed to buy a next cruise, which was tacky.  Next we will talk about the food, or maybe I shouldn't, anyway it was in a word terrible and tasteless. We gave the main dinning room two nights and it didn't get any better.  So we decided to pay the $25 per head cover charge per person to go to Giovonis table.  The food was a little better, but again we had to pay extra.... wait what pay extra for food on a cruise??  The rest of the time we went to Windjammer, where it looked like everyone else did also.  Next we will talk about the drink package.  When I inquired about it they made it sound like there were drink stations all over the ship, that is simply not the case.  I paid $150 for 7 days and wound up only getting 5 drinks of soda, your welcome Royal Caribbean.

Now for the show stopper we shelled out for the Owners Suite for this cruise and let me be the first to say it was an awesome cabin.  HOWEVER, on the second day of the cruise we came back from our shore excursion we were welcomed with the great smell of wet paint and varnish.  Seriously they decided to paint and varnish the balcony while we were gone.  I proceeded to guest services and waited an hour to speak with someone, where I was given the response that it should clear out once we set sail.....wow!!  At this point I escalated and maintenance came with a device that would clean the air.  Of course during this time we had to leave our cabin for an hour.

I hate to be so negative so I will end on a positive note.  Our cabin steward was excellent and seemed to be the only one who cared about us.  Needless to say we will never sail on Royal Caribbean again!

Cabin was great.

My tip is not to travel with Royal Caribbean.