Service great, entertainment needs to be addressed

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 25, 2015

Being my first time on RC I expected a similar experience to Princess Cruise lines, my regular choice of cruise lines.

The entertainment was very limited, they had the ice show the first day which was amazing, great job.  The daily activities were very limited, the day at sea they had a napkin display, other than that there really were not any activities. I was expecting the same as princess and would have a choice of 2-3 things an hour to choose from including entertainment.  I spoke to several people on this cruise whom also agreed that there was not much to do and was very limited.  There were no pool games, the movie on the big screen evenings consisted of kids movies, cartoon type. The indoor theatre played the same 2 movies the entire week.

If you are a drinker there are a few bars on the main floor, example of the cost of a cocktail drink was averaging $9.00 each and since I do not drink alcohol I got the non alcohol package which cost me over $150.  Certainly not worth the price.

I booked a land tour in St. Croix for $138. for 2 which was worth maybe $40-$45 for 2 people.  Very boring, not a great amount of scenery and they actually stopped in a town on the island for over an hour which was part of our 3 1/2 tour.

The positives were a great room steward who did an amazing job in ensuring we would get anything requested within minutes, our room was kept very clean and came back to our room almost every evening to animals made out of towels which was a nice touch and reminded me of our all inclusive vacations.

Our dining experience was terrific, met some great people and the service was top notch.  Again however the food portions were very small, the steak was the size of a woman's fist, as was the vegetables etc.  The lobster was very small and tasteless, but the staff had no problem with getting us extras.  We started ordering 2 appetizers to help fill our bellies.

Was not at all impressed with Adventure of the Seas and would not rush to make another reservation to sail on this ship.  I honestly think I will go back to Princess if I choose to sail again.

too small of portions

what activities

very little entertainment offered

N/A

Service and staff were top notch!

Handicapped room, was great in size

Have nothing to recommend, only tip I can give is if you choose an inside cabin facing the inside to the stores etc. Do not expect to go to bed until after midnight or so, very noisy for sleeping and loud music etc. up until 12 midnight and sometimes even later.

Staying overnight in a decent hotel will cost between 3 & 4 hundred dollars a night. Tried to go with a smaller version for 200+ and it was musty and very loud.
Lots of shopping, markets etc.
Love St. Lucia, one of my favorite places to go too, clean, beautiful and well worth going there.
another great island to visit
get your wallet out, this is the place to shop if your looking for jewellery, top notch and you can bartar and get some great deals.
not much to do and the island is ok to look around for souvenirs...