Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

great cruise ship, terrible trip

Sail Date: June 07, 2009

Room Type: Suite

ship was impressive. recommend suite with balcony. food was available at all times and had good selection. they did not have a chocolate night which I had been looking forward to. dining service was excellent. It was unfortunate that entire cruise was ruined by not being able to visit ports you paid to see. would not recommend booking cruise while this flu threat still present. 2 passengers had flu-like symptoms and were quarantined which seemed enough however ports going to were fearful and would not let us dock. so we sat out on the ocean moving slowly back with a ship full of angry and upset passengers. did not receive any compensation for this.

Pros: room and dining service

Cons: not seeing ports paid to see

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

dining romm staff was the best, they not only waited on you with great fast service but they also kept you entertained. you got to know them well. guest relations however staff did not speak good English and if had questions or problems they often did not understand what you were asking them. maid wanted to clean entire room which I personally did not like her touching my personal things which I did have to complain about.
pools were small, could just stand in one spot because so crowded. enjoyed casino wish I won.
there was always food available, recommend going to dining room for dinner. can try multiple things on menu if you want. wait staff was great. recommend 8:30 seating, had time to come back from sightseeing, clean up, nap if needed before dinner. also fun to watch ship leave the port.
had junior suite with balcony which was bigger than expected. it had more closet space than I have at home. highly recommend balcony, great view as come and leave ports. you do not feel confined. I have motion sickness and I felt better being able o get air.
ship was huge, clean
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
thank you to St. Maarten for letting us come there. shopping great
Don't Miss: Orient beach fantastic, sand is incredibly soft. shop around for beach chair and umbrella, before choosing a spot to sit. very hot, need umbrella.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
this island was very disorganized could not handle large crowds coming off boat. ran out of taxis had to wait 1 hour in heat for taxi and when did get one it waited until it was full before leaving. went to crane bay beach. snorkeling rocking beach with shade if need to get out of sun
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
thank you to St. Maarten for letting us come there. shopping great
Bridgetown, Barbados
beaches were warm and beautiful.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Bridgetown, Barbados
beaches were warm and beautiful.