October 2014 - Norwegian Epic to Europe - Western Mediterranean
This was our second cruise ever so I can't help comparing with our first one (On the RC Navigator of the Seas). About the same ship sizes and both were in Europe at the same time of the year.
- BEST positive was Tricia from !!! First one I'll call for our next cruise.
- The food!!! Really amazing. Lots of choices and great quality
- The itinerary was just perfect. great ports of calls.
- The entertainment was top notch (I found the Circus at 40,00$ a little pricy both worth it)
- The iConcierge app and interactive panels around the elevators. If you don't know what's going on on the ship, you seriously have an problem. Very easy to make reservations.
- The ship was designed by engineers and not architects. They really tried to fit too many things on the EPIC and you feel trapped/crammed everywhere. No huge Atrium, small theater (MUST RESERVE), smaller dinning rooms with low ceilings, smaller state rooms.
- We never felt like going out for a walk. There's just the top deck where you dont feel trapped
- The only "wow!!!" factor was seeing the ship from outside. Up until the last day on the Navigator of the Seas we had the WOW factor every time we went trough the Atrium or entered the dinning room.
- The staff looked a lot less happy than our first cruise.
- Can't go in front of the ship ("I'm the king of the world" is not an option). Basically you can't have a front view without a bay window (expect on the quiet area deck).
Happy with the cruise? Yes
Would I sail on the EPIC again? Probably as a second choice.
Great value for money? Yes