February 2017 - Adventure of the Seas to Caribbean - Southern
If the most important parts of the cruise are the port's and the service, then this is the cruise for you. First, the pros:
1. Service. This ship is smaller than the Oasis class, and I believe the employees are less stressed out and better able to serve guests. Dining room, room attendants, guest services, windjammer, pool area.... very friendly and helpful.
2. Not crowded. Yes, the Royal Promenade gets crowded for 70s night, but this ship never seemed crowded. I never waited at the buffet or dining room. Embarking and disembarking were organized. Elevators and poolside were very manageable.
3. The Port's. They were great. My favorite was Aruba with it's beaches.
4. The Activities. We enjoyed the flow rider, rock climbing, the 2 waterslides, mini golf, volleyball, dodgeball, basketball, trivia contests. Lots of fun.
Now, the cons:
1. Entertainment. The ice show was good. The hypnotist show was good. The entertainment director, Elvis, was excellent. The other musicals were boring. There was one night that didn't have a show. They played a movie instead....the same movie they played at poolside!
2. Kids program. They didn't staff this area well, and it looked very depressing whenever I walked by. I didn't want to leave my kids there.
The food was not great, but it was good. The Allure had better food.
Overall, me and my family were very happy with this cruise.