June 2016 - Carnival Ecstasy to Caribbean - Bahamas
Carnival's 5 Night Bahamas Cruise from Charleston was a good value.
Hints to how to make your experience good:
1. Don't show up at the port until about 2pm, after the lines have died down.
2. Remember that they are servicing a lot of people, so be prepared for lines -- and keep a good attitude.
3. The bar is packed the first night, so expect lines. Buy your Bottomless Bubbles card before you get on the cruise.
4. The $18 Social WiFi package for the entirety of the cruise is worth it.
5. If you are thinking of pre-buying beverages to put in your cabin, check first to see if your room has a refrigerator (our Riveria Porthole Stateroom did not have a refrigerator) . Also, if you pre-pay for beverages that need a bottle opener, make sure to bring one with you.
6. Try to avoid the Customer Service Desk.
7. On the last afternoon, go to the ATM-looking machine next to Customer Service to print out your account details and balance (faster than waiting in line).
8. If you are doing the anytime dinner, go early or go later.