Owner of Orlandotickets4u vacationing in the Disney area & cruises Love cruising. I've been on many different cruise lines but a few years ago decided to just stick with Carnival as I have the most fun on them.
I have been on 7 different Carnival ships. Some newer some smaller. I love to cruise and leave port ready to have a great time.
1st. The ship itself. A bit older but very clean. We were in an Empress Balcony. Our cabin was great with no complaints at all. Our cabin steward Pete was fantastic. Cleaned our room twice a day without asking & always had fresh ice for us in there.
2. Entertainment- Fantastic. There shows Rock legends & 80's Rock were great fun. Flick their new show was Brilliant. We like to participate in the ship activities such as the various trivia and deck parties. Comedians were fantastic too. We were usually up by 8 and didn't go to sleep until 2. There never seemed enough time to get everything in.
3. Food. Lido was so so. Typical buffet food you find anywhere. Blue Iguana was fantastic for burritos. Pizza Pirate Excellent. Vijay knew to have a whole pizza ready for me at 1:00am every night. MDR was actually pretty good. Peter are server in YTD was fantastic. A few times we had to wait 10 to 15 minutes to get in because we wanted to wait for him. If we had a show to get to he made sure we were out on time. Our food was hot & quite good. Many great appetizers. There wasn't a lot of options like the Magnolian Wok though.
4. Casio- Casino Bar was a favorite meeting place for all of us. We played a few machines but only for fun. We heard from the serious players they weren't paying out though. It was not as busy as we usually see on other cruises. Smokey more by the bar than at the machines.
5. Pools- Plenty of room & poolside service was great especially up on Deck 10 smoking area. A favorite place to gather after breakfast. Plenty of open chairs at Lido.
6. Hayley the new cruise director scores a 10. Genuine, down to earth and a lot of fun. We looking forward to cruising with her again.
7. Ports. Fantastic as usual. GT we are always at Jacks, DR was rainy so we only walked in the small port area a bit. Curacao's Brilliant time. We wander the port area & shops for a few hours the took the Island Hopping tour bus. Loved this port. Aruba. Local bus down to Eagle's Beach and then back to port area & Native Flea market. Not enough time here.
8. Embarking-Easy On the ship within 40 minutes. Luggage to our room by 4. Disembarking- We are never in a hurry to get off. Got off about 11. Almost 1 1/2 hours in customs. There were 6 ships that all were in. I'm a TA & never knew this but this is the largest cruise port. Advice for those that fly-check how many ships will be coming in that morning & plan accordingly. If you have an Iphone there is an apt & you'll get thru in 20 to 30 minutes.
Ask you can see I had a great time. I saw some of the previous cruise & was a bit surprised in some of the comments. Any staff we encountered was excellent. I did see some people during the week acting snooty and guess what they got the service their demeanor suggested. We get involved and have fun. We had guest on the week before, loved it so much they booked it again for April. We had guest get off today some thought there were to many kid activities. It was the same itinerary as our so I don't know what they are referring to. Cruising is what you make of it. If you want luxury this isn't the cruise for you. If you want fun & to meet a bunch of new people this is it.
We made amazing friends on board. We participate in activities. Get to know your CD! Go see the shows they are fantastic. The trivia contest are fun and the lido deck contest are hysterical. Be friendly, meet new people. relax & have a great time. Would do this ship again!!!
We just came off the Paradise on the 3rd. We boarded quickly & smoothly. disembarkation was also very smooth. On our last day we went for breakfast about 8:30. We were on Empress level. When we came into the corridor we laughed at all the people sitting there waiting to get off. I asked why everyone was sitting as notes were sent to all rooms & announcements were made that even though we would be in port at 8 we would not be allowed off the the ship until Port Authority cleared us. At least 9:00 a.m. They also gave the exact times for each zones. People do not understand those that REFUSE to follow directions are what holds up the problem. Our zone was called at 10:15 as stated and we were off & thru customs in 30 minutes. Now on to the ship itself. We were a bit disappointed in the Paradise the 1st hour or so as we usually cruise their newer ships. This ship worked for our time frame though. Yes it was missing a few things that were use to doing like the Dive in movies & water park but we had a great time. We could have sulked & pouted but that would be spiting ourselves. We joined in on the games & activities, loved the shows & comedians. Some days food was better than others but overall pretty good. The bathrooms are a little dated but bigger than the ones on the newer ships. There is no full vanity in them but the mirrored cabinet had 3 shelves which actually gives more room than the vanities. The rooms were very clean and Jose our steward was fantastic(Empress deck) Overall the staff was fantastic & very friendly. I do smoke and the only drawback I saw was the smoke from the casino filled the bar area where they did most of the trivia games so that is a pain to those that don't smoke. Ports were fantastic as usual. As this is only a 5 night cruise you see a lot of Floridians on board. It was generally pretty quiet at night. Your cruise is going to be what you make of it. Happy sailing everyone. It's the Breeze for me in February
Embarking/disembarking. very smooth no waits-didn't get to port until 3
cabin-very clean & comfy-stewert kept room immaculent
dining(formal) excellent with excellent staff super friendly & fun
Wee Jimmy - loved him, very personable really gets involved with the guest
comedy-some of the best I seen!
ports- great. i like wandering the ports to see the local stuff.
casino is a little smokey( & I smoke) because theres no doors to the outside deck which helps clear it away
will be going on this ship again
We had a great time. We don't keep a schedule & decide when we get up each day. We tend to split up during the day & meet again at dinner. Relax & have a great time
"out of Boston in 1992"