September 2015 - 7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip) Cruise on Adventure of the Seas
San Juan has to be the most beautiful port to sail out of. We have sailed the AOTS from San Juan previously, and the sailaway at night is just breathtaking. We loved our itinerary, the ship was top notch, service was great, no issues whatsoever. Just a few details of our trip, if you are interested:
* Stayed in SJ the night before at the Acacia hotel - nice boutique hotel just a few feet from the ocean. We could see it from our balcony.
* Sunday in St. Thomas, we decided to walk to the cathedral for mass. A verrry long walk, but glad we did it. Took a shuttle back, though! Some shops were closed on Sunday, but we always enjoy walking around.
* St. Kitts - had never been here before so took an island tour. Loved it!
* Aruba - We walked around town all day. Took the free trolley that we thought would bring us around a bit, only to be dropped off about six blocks from where we had gotten on. No biggie, but you might want to ask about this first. Since we were here at night, we took the sunset cruise. Beautiful! It was on a catamaran, booked through RC, and was very relaxing. Recommend!!
* Curacao - Had to buy cheese here! Just walked around. The swinging bridge was out for maintenance, so we had to ferry across. Love the iconic, brightly colored buildings along the waterfront.
* Upon return, we stayed at the Chateau Cervantes in Old San Juan and this was within walking distance of everything. We arrived at the hotel at about 7:30 am but couldn't check in until 3, so they held our luggage while we explored. Visited the nearby fort (interesting!!!!), walked the cobblestone streets, ate pastries, walked along the waterfront. Love San Juan!! In fact, we booked another cruise for September on the Oasis and SJ is a port of call so we are excited to go back.
Overall, one of our favorite cruises, although all on RC have been wonderful. Two more booked for 2016!