April 2016 - 7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip) Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
1. Freestyle dining meant waiting until almost 9 p.m. to get a table large enough for our group of 10.
2. Electric circuits blew when trying to use razor, hair dryer in at least two cabins.
3. Room telephone had date and time, but lettering was tiny and pale. As a result, those with inside cabins had to turn on the light to find out the time. This was particularly difficult if someone else was sleeping.
4. Shore cruises were disorganized. We were left at one point with no information as to where to meet again. Ended up going with another tour group doing a different tour in order to get back to ship.
5. No snacks available after 11:30 p.m. except for one full-service restaurant near casino.
6. Very few shaded outside areas for those not wanting a tan.
7. Limited storage space--not one drawer--only limited shelf space. Two suitcases had to sit in middle of floor because there was no space for storing empty suitcases.
8. Gift shops had few practical items--mostly expensive jewelry.
9. At the beginning of the cruise, wo couples in our group had misplaced luggage which didn't arrive in the rooms until after 9 p.m.
10. Hallways were too narrow making it difficult to pass another group when going to rooms. Also, difficult to get through garden cafe carrying food to table without getting bumped. Often had to stand to side waiting for an opening to walk to table—if a table was available.
11. Our 15-year-old grandson, who is captain of a select soccer team and on his HS track team, was told to leave the exercise area because of his age.
12. Our granddaughter, who was three weeks short of her 18th birthday, was kicked out of the 18 and above area while she was with her parents and 18-year-old boyfriend.
18. The running track was located in a very congested part of the ship making it impossible to use the track after 8 a.m.