October 2016 - Norwegian Getaway to Caribbean - Western
This ship was built to make money and not to serve the customers. Here are the reasons:
1. Only one decent sized pool on the ship that is available without having to pay to belong to The Haven.
2. No solarium where one can have access to a pool that is covered without cost.
3. Medical services are not free. I have never encountered this on any other cruise line.
4. Access to several ports were limited due to the length of the dock from the ship to the town.
5. Food was mediocre
6. No robes provided in staterooms as on some ships
7. No other ship requires reservations to see shows. That is an extra burden on the customer.
8. Having to use the key card to turn on the electricity in the rooms is ridiculous, especially as there were no obvious instructions that one needed to do that.
9. Not being able to purchase normal size bottles of water was also not a service. Who wants to carry that large bottle around all day?
10. I have never been on a ship that didn't have access at any time to the soft ice cream server. Having a person there to do this was not for the customer. It was obvious it was to limit how much a person took.
11. Having bow and stern elevators was also inconvenient. Most other ships also have elevators midship and have glass panels that allow one to look out once inside. These are not built for people with claustrophobia.
12. No other ship requires customers to give their room number and show key card to get towels for the pools, let alone charge a fee if they are not returned where they were handed out.