July 2015 - 9 Night Eastern Mediterranean Adventure (Istanbul To Rome) Cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas
My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas and had an incredible time.
- The staff is absolutely amazing. Fabio in guest services, Karen in the Shore Excursions team, and even Bennett our stateroom attendant, were all excellent and went way above and beyond to answer any question and fulfill any request we had.
- The shore excursions were awesome. A bit pricey but you'll get that on any cruise you go on, but there was a wide variety of unique opportunities (like kayaking around Santorini) to choose from to fit every taste and physical ability. Would recommend booking early like we did however, as many of the ones we went on were sold out before the cruise even started.
- The specialty restaurants (Giovanni's, Chops Grille and Izumi) were spectacular with amazing food and waitstaff to match.
- Though older, the ship was very well maintained and extremely clean.
- The headliner shows offered on board were awesome and catered to many different age groups.
- It is one of the smaller ships in the RC fleet so don't anticipate many of the amenities that other, newer ships have to offer. That said, there are only two pools, each of which are not very big. One of them was adult-only, but inside in a solarium. If you wanted to be outside, there is only one pool area and on days at sea you better reserve your deck chair well before 9am or you'll be waiting a looong time for one to open up.
- The RC singers for their evening shows were awful. Most of their "lead" vocalists were often off-tune or very pitchy such that we only attended the first of three shows featuring the RC singers and dancers. Many audience members left during the first performance of the cruise.
In summary, though Rhapsody isn't the newest ship in the fleet, it was a teriffic host for an amazing cruise. The destinations combined with the incredible staff of this ship made for an unforgettable experience!