May 2015 - 12 Night Scandinavia & Russia (Amsterdam To Stockholm) Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette
Overall the cruise was a great experience that allowed us to visit several countries that we had not visited before.
The shortcoming for the cruise were:
- After entering all our personal and financial data into their database and receiving an "express pass", and using their transfer service, we spent 4 hours after arriving at the airport before arriving at the ship and then had to redo our ship boarding card since the one issued after the1.5 hour wait at the airport did not work. Therefore we had no time to visit Amsterdam.
- The shows on board were not the quality that we expected.
- They have a happy hour but it was not published anywhere, you have to find it on your own.
- At the ports there was inadequate information for independent travelers on how to get to the cities from the ship and to get around to see the sites.
- After 12 days the food was monotonous and breakfast at the restaurant took about 30 min to get 2 eggs over easy.
- On departure, using their tranfer service, we had a 4 hour wait at the airport. Would have liked another hour of rest before a long day of travel.
The pluses were adequate time in the cities visited. The staff was always pleasant, friendly and extremely helpful. The room and ship were always neat and clean. Food overall was very good, just could use some more variety. The shopping on board ship and what was available in the towns was explained well. Fellow passengers made the trip very enjoyable.